Fight the Flu with 3 Simple Steps
Step 1: Take time to get a flu vaccine.
- Get a flu shot every year to protect yourself and others!
Step 2: Take every day preventive actions to prevent the spread of germs.
- Coughs and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and running water, and rub hands together for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick. Do not go to work or school or anywhere else where you will spread your illness to others.
- Keep children home from school if they have any flu-like symptoms or fever.
Step 3: Take flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.
Find out more on these steps from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, "Take 3" Actions to Fight the Flu.
Additional Steps to Fight the Flu:
Stay healthy! Eat nutritious food, drink water, exercise, and get plenty of sleep.
Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if soap and water are not available. Rub for 20 seconds until hands are dry.
Sanitize common surfaces like doorknobs, keyboards, faucets, telephones and shopping cart handles.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Open windows for fresh air.
Get regular updates on flu and vaccine information here at marinflu.org.
Cover Your Cough
Visit the Cover Your Cough website for poster and flyers.